Scroll Top
Call Us 24/7 to Get Started:

Acquisition and Development Financing

Real estate investing, to most people, is buying homes or commercial spaces and renting them out or renovating and reselling for profit. This isn’t the only type of real estate investing option, however. Buying suitable land and developing it into something businesses can use is another worthwhile way to make money in real estate. A process like this typically requires a land development loan which is normally secured by a mortgage to develop a empty land into something appealing to businesses of all kinds.

Get Funded Today

If you prefer to email us, fill out the form below and an associate will contact you to review the loan scenario and provide a quote.

What Is Involved

Land development loans take a lot of factors into consideration. The cost of the property that’s being purchased and divided into smaller subsections for businesses is the main factor. Additionally, there are the hard costs. These refer to the costs of constructing and developing the buildings that will house future businesses. Projects like this are often built slightly generic so they can be easily tailored to fit requirements for a variety of business types. Finally, there are “soft costs” you’d want included in this type of real estate lending. Soft costs include sales commissions, interest reserves and more. It is crucial that you understand all of the associated costs with property development so that you get the amount of funding your project needs.

Contact Hard Money Lenders California anytime, to speak with one of our very helpful and highly knowledgeable loan specialists about your property investment funding in California
Hard Money Lenders California
Based on 7 reviews
powered by Google
Rachelle ReedRachelle Reed
05:05 21 Jun 23
I wasn’t expecting the response time and level of professionalism / service provided. Will being using again them on my next deal.
Grace PerezGrace Perez
03:02 20 Jun 23
Nothing but positive things to say about this team. They are efficient, fast, and provide great service. Look forward to working with them again!
Mark DodgeMark Dodge
18:08 10 Mar 23
They took the time to explain to me the different options that I had. I appreciate all the help and tips they offered me!
Jerry WilsonJerry Wilson
21:15 01 Feb 23
Very impressed with the service speed, professionalism, and attention to detail when working with Hard Money Lenders Ca!
Christina NguyenChristina Nguyen
01:48 31 Jan 23
Great team, very responsive, professional, and will get everything you need done in a timely fashion. Highly recommend
Stefanie DufresneStefanie Dufresne
17:57 29 Jan 23
Seriously fast response service and amazing follow through. I never had to chase. They were so helpful with my fix and flip and i have done dozens. Really are quality people and business they operate.
Jody VelasquezJody Velasquez
16:29 27 Jan 23
Exceeded my expectations with terms and timing and that’s super critical of a lender, seems to be a great company.

Understand the Percentages

If you want to work with a hard money lender for this type of project, it’s important to know what to expect in terms of lending percentages and purchase requirements. Developers are likely to be asked to put down at least 25% of the price of the entire project cost. You’ll need at least 30% of the cost of the land itself for the development of it. Most hard money lenders, however, won’t exceed a requirement from you of more than 50% of the loan-to-value (LTV) of refinancing the land as a general rule-of-thumb. A lot of private investors are willing to provide as much as 70% of this LTV ratio as long as the other 30% is being paid for in cash. The amount of money a hard money lender is willing to give will fall dramatically if an investor goes into a project paying for their portion with any other type of loan or with credit toward work that has already been performed. In most cases, the amount can fall to as low as 55% of the LTV ratio.
Why Choose Hard Money Lenders CA?

Knowing these basics of acquisition and development financing will help you decide if this specific kind of real estate investing is fit for you. That way you can lay the groundwork of what’s need to make this type of investment happen.

Our loan application process is quick and easy, and we can often provide approval within 24 hours. Once approved, we can fund your loan in as little as five days, allowing you to move forward with your project quickly and confidently.

Whether you’re a real estate investor, business owner, or homeowner, we can help you bridge the gap between your immediate funding needs and your long-term financial goals. Contact us today to learn more about our loan options and how we can help you achieve your financial objectives.